2023-21804 - Konkurrenceudsættelse af kontrakt om afdækning af alternativt signalsystem til de danske private jernbaner
The supplier has the following overall objective; to provide the customer with spe-cialized knowledge into conventional renewal options for private railway lines, in particular with the two next objectives:
1. Identifying feasible alternatives to ERTMS for renewing the signalling system on the Danish private railway lines
2. Analysing the identified alternatives with respect to cost and benefits rela-tively to an ERTMS line (shown in figure A below) as described in appendix 2 (bilag 2).
The signalling systems is to be installed on private railway lines in Denmark with lower traffic intensity and relatively lower speed. The alternative system or systems must be in function in a European country and must be able to operate with an in-terface to ERTMS.
The identified renewal alternatives must be compared relatively to a full ERTMS L2 B3 solution on the layout in figure A in te tender documents, and with sub-alternatives as described in appendix 2.to the tender documents.
Overall, the analysis shall be documented in a report which shall be presented to the customer for approval. Furthermore, the analysis shall include a recommenda-tion of the most advantageous signalling system for the Danish private lines, based on the cost/benefit analysis results.
We have described these tree main deliveries (also described in appendix 2):
1. Analyse the private railway lines’ needs. The purpose of this main delivery is to give the supplier an understanding of the private railway lines now and in the future.
2. Identify relevant railway signalling systems in operation and carry out a cost/benefit analysis considering the needs mapped in delivery 1. The costs for the suggested solution should be given as index, compared to a full ERTMS L2 B3 solution on the layout in figure A.
3. Recommend a signalling system/solution for Danish private railway lines based on a cost/benefit analysis.