Invitation to tender for research on potential Market Based Measures under IMO’s Initial GHG Strategy
Objectives and deliverables
The project objectives and deliverables are:
• Written report including
o Executive summary
o Review of MBM’s proposed to IMO’s Marine Environment Protection Committee
o Comprehensive literature review of maritime MBM’s
o Literature review of relevant MBM’s not previously included in analyses of maritime MBM’s
o Comparative cost-benefit analysis of potential maritime MBM’s
• Oral presentation of findings
Cost-benefit analysis could include:
• GHG reduction effectiveness
• Compatibility with existing legal framework
• Potential implementation timeline
• Potential impacts on States, cf. IMO procedure (MEPC.1/Circ.885)
• Administrative burden
• Practical feasibility
• Avoidance of split incentives between ship-owner and charterer
A preliminary report must be delivered by the end of 2019.
The final report report must be delivered by the end of February 2020.
The oral presentation must be delivered in March 2020.